Alright, happy June y’all! I ate in Boston’s North End this weekend, and it’s set me off on an Italian cooking bender. It’s also ridiculously hot in Boston this week, and the heat has made me lazy. The combination of those two things resulted in this super easy, single-serving, 15 minute pesto pasta- still from scratch!
- One serving pasta
- 1/3C loosely packed basil
- 1-2T olive oil
- 2t garlic powder
- 2-3T water
- 5-8 cherry tomatoes
- A few artichoke hearts
1) Boil water and cook your pasta
2) While the pasta is cooking, combine basil, olive oil, salt and garlic. Add only one tablespoon of water at a time until the mixture blends easily. Note: This will vary depending on what kind of blender you’re using.
3) When the pasta has 3-5 minutes left, toss in your tomatoes and artichoke hearts with it so that they cook.
4) Drain pasta, tomatoes, and artichokes. Pour into a bowl, and combine with pesto sauce. Enjoy!