Serves 3-4 and is vegan/gluten free
2 small/medium zucchini
1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup veggie broth
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/8 cup minced onion
1 t dried oregano
1/8 cup fresh basil
1/8 cup fresh parsley
1 jar marinara sauce
daiya - optional topping
1) Slice zucchini into strips, salt and lay out on a paper towel.
2) Bring quinoa to a boil in a pot with veggie broth, tomato sauce, onion and oregano. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
3) Fold in your fresh herbs here. I also add about a 1/2 cup of chopped broccoli here because it was in my fridge and needed to be used. I almost added chopped carrots, wish I had. The more veggies, the better!
4) Cover the bottom of your baking dish in marinara, then your first layer of zucchini strips.
5) Then the order goes quinoa mix, marinara, quinoa mix, marinara, zucchini, marinara and optional daiya.
6) Bake 30-35 minutes at 400.