Anonymous asks: What's a good caloric range for a vegan whose looking to lose some weight? I feel like myfitnesspal always sets really low ranges.
If you don’t like the MFP recommended amount (I don’t always agree either) you can use this equation from the insanity meal plan.
655+(4.35x Weight in pounds)+(4.7x Height in inches)-(4.7x Age)= The amount of calories your body burns just from being alive
Step 2: Take that number and multiply by your activity level:
- 1.2 Sedentary (little to no exercise)
- 1.375 Lightly Active (1-3 days a week)
- 1.55 Moderately Active (3-5 days a week)
- 1.7 Very Active (6-7 days a week)
- LOSE weight: Subtract 500
- MAINTAIN weight: keep the number the same
- GAIN weight: Add 500