I’ve never been a fan of plain spaghetti sauce, but add some spices, basil and spinach and it’s like a completely different dish to me. I swear making your own sauce makes the BIGGEST difference. Next time I think I’ll skip the canned tomatoes and use fresh ones.
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2T EVOO
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- garlic and oregano
- 1/2C packed basil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2C nutritional yeast
- Lots of spinach
- 4 servings whole wheat linguine
1) Saute your onion and garlic in some EVOO. Then add your spices, the tomatoes, basil and nutritional yeast.
2) Bring to a boil then simmer for five minutes, and in the mean time cook your pasta.
3) Add the spinach and cook for 10 minutes. Then mix it all together! This recipe makes about 4 cups of sauce.