I tried this recipe out with my girlfriends yesterday, and it turned out absolutely delicious. And the best part is that you can substitute a lot of the ingredients, or add more of your own. Next time I make them I think I’ll add some corn too!
1 (20 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 egg replacer
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons olive oil
salsa, to garnish
alfalfa sprouts, to garnish
guacamole, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease baking pan. In a large bowl, mash black beans then add onion, bell pepper, cayenne pepper, egg replacer, vegan bread crumbs and cilantro.
2. Blend until all ingredients are mixed well. Form bean mixture into patties and place on prepared pan.
3. Bake for 10 minutes. Alternatively, fry them in olive oil. I recommend baking them. Serve with garnishes, if desired.
Serves: 6, Preparation time: 30
- aok714 likes this
- twatdoyoumean likes this
- unfulfilledcraving likes this
- fabulousmusings reblogged this from collegiateveg
- grayovercast reblogged this from collegiateveg
- grayovercast likes this
- veganobo likes this
- eatmorebroccoli likes this
- prettycoy reblogged this from collegiateveg
- abracadabragail likes this
- ediblematerials reblogged this from collegiateveg
- mysteriousscorpion likes this
- non-sense-ical reblogged this from collegiateveg
- kimlytea likes this
- lemuffinmistress likes this
- justlikerachel2 likes this
- collegiateveg posted this