This recipe comes from my little sister, who has been exploring veganism with me this past year. Definitely take a minute to check out her blog at songthemorningbrings.tumblr.com because she is AWESOME and the world’s best sister. So anyways, here’s the recipe!
- 2 3/4 garbanzo bean flour (sifted 3 times)
- 1 3/4C sugar
- 1/4C cocoa powder
- 2t baking powder
- 2 1/2t baking soda
- 1/2t salt
- 2 eggs worth egg replacer (I used 3T water, 3T oil and 2t baking powder)
- 1t vanilla
- 1/2C oil
- 1C vanilla soymilk
- 1C boiling water
- 1/2t vinegar
1) Mix sifted flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
2) Mix in egg replacer, vanilla, oil and soy milk until combined
3) Stir in boiling water and vinegar
4) Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake 25-30 minutes at 350, make sure to let them cool before frosting!
Frost however you’d like, but this is the recipe I used:
- 2T Earth Balance, room temp
- 4T creamy peanut butter
- 1C confectioners sugar
1) Mix earth balance and peanut butter.
2) Add confectioners sugar 1/4C at a time until desired consistency is achieved