Makes 12 Truffles
- 10 pitted dates
- 1C almonds
- 1T peanut butter
- 1T agave or maple syrup
- 1/4C sugar
- 1T cinnamon
1) Heat the dates up in a warm skillet, shaking the pan constantly to make sure they don’t burn. We’re not cooking them, just getting them warm.
2) Moving the warmed dates into a bowl and mash with a fork (or your hands!)
3) Grind the almonds in a food processor or blender, and combine with the dates.
4) Add the agave and peanut butter, continuing mixing with your hands or fork.
5) Roll the mixture into 12 individual balls, and then roll the balls in the sugar/cinnamon mixture in a bowl or on a plate.
6) Let refrigerate for one hour so the truffles can firm up, and enjoy!
**if you’d like to keep this recipe raw, instead of heating the dates, blend in a food processor. It’s just a bit messier**